Friday 10 January 2014

Nerds

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

Yesterday we went to the BT Young scientist exhibition which was brilliant. There were some really interesting projects from around the country such as how to prepare for an earthquake in third world countries and a light for your bicycle that lights up when a car approaches. These are just some of the many amazing projects that were competing in the young scientist. 

btyse Logo
Source
It was the 50th young scientist exhibition so there was a special 3D show about space which was very interesting. It gave me perspective in relation to how small we are. They compared the size of earth with the sun and then the sun with other stars and it looked minute! It was really fascinating and I would definitely recommend visiting it if you are at the exhibition. 

However with the sciences aside, the highlight of my day was definitely meeting Ryan Tubridy and taking a selfie with him (below)
Displaying image.jpeg

After that I got to present the weather! We stood in front of the blue screen and Aideen pointed to the map and Melissa clicked for the prompter to change. I really enjoyed reading it and made me consider news reporting.. Sadly they didn't ask to hire me right there on the spot but I'm sure they were just too in awe.... ;)

Overall we had a brilliant day, thanks to all the science teachers and Mrs L for organising it :)

Stay tuned for even more TY antics and pictures,
Have a good weekend! 

Lauren :)






No comments:

Post a Comment